Participate in a study
VTCAR is seeking individuals to participate in a study that will explore how autistic and non-autistic adults collaborate on tasks. Learn more on the study flyer below. Visit this study webpage to fill out the screener. Completing all in-person and online tasks will earn you up to $50 cash. You will also recieve a summary of your cognitive abilities, upon completion of the research study.
This secure registry is open to autistic individuals of any age and their parents and caregivers. Completing the online consent form and demographic survey enables our student clinicians to contact you about upcoming clinical service research that you or your family member may enroll in. http://j.mp/1HqgyYA
- Identifies as Autistic OR does not have Autism
- Must consent for yourself
- At least 18 years old
- No uncorrected visual or hearing impairments
- No active electrical implants (e.g., pacemaker)
- Does nto take any beta-adrenergic blocking agents (e.g., beta-blockers)
- No history of fainting, known blood-injury-injection phobia, hyperventilation syndrome, of vasovagal syncope
What is involved:
- Online questionnaires (30-min)
- In-person Social Communication Interview and Cognitive Assessment (2-hrs)
- In-person lab visit to watch brief emotions film clips while we record your heart rate and skin conductivity (2-hrs)
EARN UP TO $60 FOR PARTICIPATION. Questions? Email Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org
If interested, fill out our initial screener. Filling out this screener does not mean you are a research participant.
The Virginia Tech Center for Autism Research is seeking volunteer research participants for a study understanding autism language-identifying preference. This is an unpaid research opportunity that involves online questionnaires, and should take up to 45 minutes total.
Eligible participants must be at least 18 years old, be able to provide informed consent, identify as autistic/having autism or as a caregiver of an autistic adult, and be fluent in English (must be able to read English).
Email Naomi at email@example.com to complete the screening questions! Completing the screening questions does not mean that you are a research participant.